Friday, August 27, 2010

Yeah, I'm a Romantic...."Whatcha gonna do about it?"


An observation recently shared with me, "Daniel, your work has become too romantic." ......Well, hmmm? Let's see....

Ok, after carefully considering this remark and reviewing myself I have decided, "Yes. I have become more of a romantic." I am also probably halfway through my lifetime ......and after all the bumps, bruises and asskickings life has dished out, I had to decide at some point to "either learn to look on the brightside or be miserable" and risk becoming a cynic. There is a difference between life toughening you up and allowing it to put a chip on your shoulder.


And folks...."Cynics suck the life out of everything."


Their observations, although often true, leave no room for compromise. They have forgotten what the roses smell like, because they are too upset about the bullshit underneath. For them it is not enough to point out cold truths or enlighten us to life's politics. They can't just mention things and let it stand for consideration. I believe they get off on making themselves, as well as those around them, miserable..... and woe be to the one who tries to explains to them that, "There is a difference between sharing a viewpoint and clubbing the crowd bloody with your soapbox."

Besides, who really wants to end up a miserable old person dumped in an old folks home. I would rather listen to kids playing than to hiss and chase them out of my yard. I would rather my family enjoy me being around, than have to draw straws to see who will tolerate me during the holidays..... AND..... I would rather paint "what I want to" and "because I love to", rather than "what or how" others think I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment